Research sample: samples, cell culture media
Species Reactivity: Simian
The SIV p27 antigen ELISA KIT is used to detect the simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) p27 antigen in research samples, including media cell culture.
- Microplate coated with SIV p27 antibody for 96 determinations, 1 plate: 12 x 8-well strips.
- SIV detector antibody p27, 1 vial, lyophilized: Contains biotin-labelled polyclonal antibody to SIV, milk, Tween, normal human serum, and PBS.
- Detector Antibody Diluent, 25 mL: Contains ProClin 300.
- SIV p27 antigen standard, 0.5 ml: Contains heat-inactivated viral antigen, interrupted by detergent, goat serum, TritonX-100 and sodium azide.
- Lysis buffer, 5 ml: Triton X-100 in PBS and 2-chloroacetamide.
- Streptavidin peroxidase, 0.3 ml: Contains streptavidin conjugated to horseradish peroxidase, PBS, goat serum and 2-chloroacetamide.
- Assay Diluent, 100 mL: Contains goat serum, PBS, Triton X-100, and 2-chloroacetamide.
- 10x Plate Wash Buffer, 125 ml: Contains PBS, Tween 20 and 2-Chloroacetamide.
- Substrate, 0.5 mL: Contains tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) and dimethylsulfoxide.
- Substrate Buffer, 50 ml: Contains citrate/acetate buffer, hydrogen peroxide and 2-chloroacetamide.
- Stop solution, 12 ml: proprietary formulation.
Store all kit reagents at 2-8 ° C. DO NOT FREEZE. When properly stored, the kit is stable until the date indicated on the box label.
Simian immunodeficiency viruses (SIV) are retroviruses capable of infecting at least 45 species of non-human African primates. Virus strains from two of these primate species, SIVsmm in sooty mangabey and SIVcpz in chimpanzees, are believed to have crossed the species barrier into humans, resulting in HIV-2 and HIV-1, respectively. The most likely route of transmission of HIV-1 to humans involves contact with the blood of chimpanzees, which are often hunted for bushmeat in Africa.